The fire alarm mishap of 2018

Around 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday Nov. 13,, the fire alarms went off forcing all of Bettendorf High School students outside into the freezing weather.

The alarms went off during first block due to an unexplained malfunction in the new multi-million dollar HVAC or another unknown cause. No smoke was present nor was there any real danger.

“I thought it was just a drill. I didn’t want to be outside for a long period of time so I was just going to hide out in the bathroom. Luckily I saw the fire trucks and headed outside,” unnamed student said.

Almost everyone was outside in a matter of minutes. The last group to show up was the swimmers who came jogging out with hair still wet from the pool.

“I almost didn’t want to get out of the pool because I thought it was a drill. I didn’t see a point, but the teacher told us we had to. I didn't even get a chance to shower so now I smell like chlorine,” junior Michael Adrales said.

Administration is looking into this situation to find the root cause and ensure it does not happen again.

FOLLOW US

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Snapchat Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • email logo

MORE STORIES